Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Starting to Recap


So the week we found out that the baby was a girl we flew out to Las Vegas. Ben had an exciting tax training down there! Anything to do with accounting is exciting! We were there a little less than a week. My parents who came down for the "big baby appointment" took Bailey back home with them so I didn't see my munchkin for a week.


We flew into to Vegas and stayed at the Flamingo, that's where Ben's classes were. Then we moved to the Excalibur and hit that end of the strip. His brother Jacob and wife Breawna flew in for a few days also. We went to shows, walked the strip, ate A LOT and had a really good time. Breawna and I get along really well and the boys can hardly go a day without talking on the phone to each other so we had a great time. I almost had Ben talked into taking me to Cher too which I would have loved just for the experience. Sorry that I look like a pregnant fat girl in my pictures, but I can't hide it or fight it!

The day after we flew in Bailey had a Dr.s appointment and got some more shots! Luckily they didn't bother her and she is healthy and doing well. A little shorter than average, but hey that's basically a given.


Also that week our little monkey had her 2nd birthday!!! We kept it pretty quite this year. It was just the three of us and we got pizza, I made a cake, Ben tried and failed to come home early, and she loved all of her presents. When I was about 3 my parents got me a wooden doll furniture set. It includes a high chair, bunk beds and a changing table. Well an amazing neighbor of my parents re-furnished them for free and Ben's sister Bethany, who is so dang crafty, made baby blankets, pillows, and pads for the seat and back of the high chair!! That was Bailey's big present.


She was way cute about her cake too, as soon as I lit her candle she started saying "hot, hot" and trying to blow it out! We love her to pieces and can't imagine how we ever lived without her! I can't believe she is already two, time has gone by so fast and I can't believe I am actually in the process of the doing it again! what was I thinking?

3 comments:

Bersonnets said...

I can't believe your baby's two - what a fun birthday present for her! Miss ya

ashlee said...

Yeah for baby #2! I'm so excited for you. You always were good at keeping secrets :-) Happy birthday to litle Bailey. Michael needs Ben's email. I think he is scheming some xbox playing scheme.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I am playing blog catch up, YEAHHHH congrat's on the news of having a baby girl. That's so exciting! It's fun having 2 girls, and bonus...you don't have to buy as much the second time around ;O)