Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Than they were gone...


Two weeks ago we had my mom's family reunion in Heber and Scott, Sommers and the Boys drove down to come to it. They made it to Logan on Thursday night at midnight. They put the boys to bed and we talked for a little bit and got up to play the next day. Bailey and Shaydon had fun playing, fighting and being together and the babies were good. We hung around the house for the morning and than went to Gossners. Sommers likes to go there and Scott likes to get the squeaky cheese. After that we took the kids to McDonald's for a gourmet lunch! We played there for awhile and than they took off. It was great to have them here and now Scott is on Bailey's top 10 favorite people list. She calls him "My Scott." We loved seeing them and hope they can come back soon!

On my way back from McDonald's I got a call from Ben's mom and they were just about to Logan. We had invited them to stay with us Friday night and they were almost here! Ben's brother Daniel was having the two boys they adopted sealed to them in Ogden on Saturday morning. Ann, Grandma Snow, and Kat did some shopping while the girls napped. Then we were all supposed to meet in town for dinner. Ben was working on the yard and helping our neighbors lay their sod so just the girls and I went. We had a great dinner at Olive Garden and than came back and chatted. I put the girls to bed and went and helped a little with the laying of the sod while Grandma and Ann napped and Kat watched a movie and listened for the girls monitors. After that Kat and I went to get everyone a treat and we talked and hung out for awhile.


The next morning everyone got up and ready to go. Ann, Grandma, and Kat headed for Ogden, Ben went to lay sod again and I got the girls ready to go to the reunion. My parents were able to leave the MTC to come to the reunion to see everyone and say goodbye. It was great to see the extended family and spend some time with my parents. Bailey and Shaydon were so cute when they saw my dad. They saw him at the same time because they are hardly apart they both yelled "Papa" and ran to him and didn't let go until we left the reunion.


After the reunion we headed to my sisters house. She only lives about an hour away and it gave us more time to be with mom and dad. They and Scott all stayed with her Saturday night. We talked, had supper and than around 10 pm Ben and I decided it was time to head home. It was really hard to say goodbye. Of course the girls didn't know what was going on and it was probably better that way. I didn't have my camera So these pictures are from my niece Lexie. We will really miss you mom and dad and our so proud of you for going when it isn't easy to say goodbye and leave your grand kids.

No comments: