Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Experiences


Well its been a crazy week and a half! I took Hinkley to her 4 month check and she is doing really well. She is healthy and a little taller and heavier than Bailey was at this point. She is also what the doctor calls advanced socially, which means she does not like him! Bailey was the same way, I think its just his nice way of calling her a mamma's girl! Bailey had a really hard time again, Hinkley was crying when the doctor was looking at her and so it made Bailey really nervous and she started to cry too. That was fun trying to console both of them at the same time!


This check up caused a lot of stress because we don't immunize the girls until they are older and the doctor told me that whooping cough is a growing concern and the number of children that have it are higher this year than last year. So after A LOT of stress, counsel, and tears, we got her immunized for whooping cough. I was re-immunized when I had her and Bailey is current but it was so hard to do that to her!

But on a happy note Hinkley is starting to roll over more and more and is still her cute self with lots of smiles! She is so cute when she talks and sometimes gets really loud! I love her cute personality and honestly I can't imagine life without her. I know that I used the word "cute" a lot in that paragraph but she is just that cute!

Ben got me a gift certificate for an hour massage at K salon and spas, where I get my hair cut. Which I was so excited to use and did a few days after Hinkley's appointment. It was awesome, when she got to my shoulders she kept saying how tight they were! It was a great gift and so relaxing. Thanks Ben


I decided that Bailey's hair was getting a little to long. My mom has cut and trimmed Bailey's hair since she was about 6 months old, but since we won't be seeing her for awhile I had to figure out where to take her now. I started growing out her bangs awhile ago, because they are just to curly and get out of control! Anyway I was talking to a friend of mine and she mentioned that a little shop called Cookie cutters had opened that was just for kids. I was so excited because that's exactly what I was looking for. I was still a little nervous and Ben didn't help. While I was sitting there waiting for Bailey's turn I get a text from Ben saying that he loves her hair and doesn't think we should cut it. All things that would have been useful to know 30 minutes earlier! Bailey did really well, she didn't have any issues at all and they did a good job and I will be going back as needed until my mom gets back! Hinkley was a little trooper to hang out in her car seat the whole time!


Also my friend Angie came to see Hinkley and the new house. I see her about once a year and even though the visit was short and sweet it was great to see her! Hope to see you again soon!

3 comments:

Sommers said...

Glad everything is going good. Miss you guys...

A 'n D said...

fun pictures!! i was bummed to only stay for a few minutes...AND i didn't take any pics!! i had my camera & everything!
thanks for letting me stop by and i'm still dreaming about your wall color... LOVE IT!!! my hubby is excited, too...it's similar to what we've been talking about for our room.

maybe we'll see each other again this fall!

Cara said...

That last picture has me laughing out loud! I love it. Both of your girls are so cute!