Sunday, February 1, 2009

Trials, Blessings, and Miracles

For those of you who know my family, know that we are pretty close to one another and we LOVE being together so it was kind of a hard week for my family.

On Wednesday one of my nieces had surgery to remove a growth that was in her throat. For her age and the way it was growing the doctors decided it had to come out ASAP. The doctors also braced us for the worse saying that Yes there was a chance it was cancerous. Her surgery went well, she had to spend the night in the hospital and although the biopsy will come back on Monday the doctor said he thought that the growth was NOT cancerous. My niece hasn't told a lot of people because it's not like it's good news. But we all love her and hope she feels better soon and I'll buy you a DQ Cherry Dilly Bar next time I see you! :)








Also this week my Dad had an appointment on Wednesday in SLC which confirmed that he had a LARGE hole in his heart. Thursday they did a procedure to close his whole and of course any thing done to the heart makes one a little nervous. Bailey and I took off on Wednesday to be there with him and my Mom. He did really well and the doctor said that is was a miracle that he was alive. Because of the size of the hole and my Dad's age he should have either died a long time ago or should be a vegetable because of all the strokes he should have had. We all headed home on Friday and Dad is doing great and of course he hasn't told hardly anyone about this because that's just the way he is. I am grateful that my family's ok. This is a picture of my oldest nephew Brandon (he's a cute one). He drove Bailey and I down to the hospital. This is when we were one a little Golf Cart being driven to the Heart & Lung part of the hospital. He was so cute with Bailey, she loved him.








In the hospital it was only supposed to be my Mom and one other person. My sister Wendy was with my Mom during the surgery and after he was out Bailey and I went with my nephew Brnadon, my other nephew Jason showed up and my brother-in-law came too. It was a party and Bailey was such a good girl to spend 4 hours in the hospital with zero meltdowns.

3 comments:

A 'n D said...

hey there - glad everyone is on the mend for the time being! and i'm especially glad for you that little bailey behaved herself & you could spend some much needed time with your family!
hopefully this week will be less eventful!

Melissa Hernandez said...

What a week. I am glad that everyone is doing okay. You will have to keep us posted to let us know how they both are recovering. Take care!

Chalet said...

Who performed the procedure on your dad? I am thinking that is the same thing I had in Dec 07. I would love to hear about it to see if it was the same. My doctor was Sherman Sorensen. Let me know.