Monday, June 29, 2009

The Zoo and Other Adventures


Ok - So I know that it's been awhile again! Two weeks ago I went to lunch with some friends from Head Start - where I used to work. Alicia, Susie, Cami, Cassie, and I (with Bailey) met at Fire House. We had good food -Cami was awesome and ordered her dessert first which I loved. It was awesome to see everyone. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but I do miss seeing my friends and having adult conversation during the day. I hope we can all get together and have lunch again soon before another year and a half goes by.

We also went to Summerfest with Tyler and Tiffany last week. It is always great to hang out with them and their kids. Maddie was so cute and giggly! Tiffany and I saw some cute pictures and I still feel bad we had to leave early! We left early because Jacob and Breawna came to spend the night. And it was back to Fire House for dinner. We played the Wii, talked, and laughed ALOT. We love spending time with them and hope they come back soon.

Last Saturday Ben was AMAZING! The crazy rain was starting to get old so Ben took us to Layton for lunch, shopping at the mall and shopping at the amazing store of Target! I love Target!

Bailey also became 18 months old. She went in for her appointment and had a wonderful time - she got three shots, but stopped crying as soon as the nurse gave her a Dum Dum Sucker. She is healthy and doing well and weights 23lbs. She is also in the 74% for her height which I was happy to hear, but I guess I didn't stop growing until I was about 4!! :) Ok not really, I never hit my ideal height of 5'2. After her appointment we had some friends over to do some swimming which was fun.

This last week my niece Lyndsie came to visit me (ok really Bailey). I love it when she comes to visit, we went to lunch at Olive Garden and Ben loves that Lou likes Cafe Rio (not my favorite place)so the two of them always get take out and I eat from a different place. She played with Bailey, saw some friends from HS, and I took her around campus to try and talk her into coming here. Lyndsie is worse than Ben and give Bailey whatever she wants. We taught Bailey how to say "please" in sign language and she gets what she wants every time with Lyndsie!

Also Bailey has been old enough to go to nursery for a couple of weeks now, but I have had a hard time letting go. So I didn't take her until last week. She saw her friend Lucy in there and walked right in and started playing with the toys. She was a very big girl. She didn't cry at all when I left - she might have been embarrassed that I stayed so long! :) I went and checked on her three times and I had to open the door each time, the doors do have windows for parents, but like I said before I didn't reach my ideal height and the windows were too high. Bailey did great though and we hung her handout on the fridge. But we will see if I can be a big girl next week and let her go again.

So this last Saturday we went to the zoo. It was my summer goal to take Bailey to the zoo. Ben was a good sport and humored me. Bailey slept on the way there and it was the first Saturday that we didn't get rained on and so there were a million and one people there. Bailey was an awe of the camels and loved the giraffes, but her favorite part of the whole bloody zoo was the carousel! I took her once because Ben had a headache we rode on the giraffe and NO I couldn't reach the foot straps and if I couldn't no little kid could. She loved it so much Ben took her again. And I have decided that we probably won't take her back again until she is three so that she really knows why we are there!









And again Ben and I would like to thank my sister-in-law Yvonne for Lily's hand me downs 99% of what Bailey has on in these pictures and all of her wardrobe this summer are from them so thank you SOOO much. Also the first two pictures are ones Ben took. She looked so grown up in the first one nibbling on her pen sitting on her own couch and in the second one 5 seconds later she is throwing a fit!

4 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Next time you go to lunch with those gals, tell them I said "Hi" Oh I miss adult comversation and I totally miss Cammie's dating stories!!! I am so jealous that your little girl went right into nursery, isabella is older than 2 and we still have issues leaving her, she cries like it's the first day dropping her off every Sunday....uuuggghhh!!!

The Tressler Adventures said...

Firehouse twice in one day...heaven. Really anytime I don't have to cook & do dishes it is heaven. It was great to see you & Bailey. We should do it again in early August.

CottleCrew said...

Lunch was so fun . . . we should definately do it again. And we don't even care if you are short!!!

Cute pictures!!

A 'n D said...

you guys always have so much fun!! i just love it! making memories is the best!

i want to see you next time i come to logan - it will either be early august or mid-late september - i'll let you know!