Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cars, blessing, & the 4th


Well Ben and I had decided not to go home for the 4th- a hard decision we ALWAYS go home for the 4th. Any way on Tuesday June 30th I got a call from Ben's Mom Ann. I love my mother-in-law, I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law and grandmother to Bailey. Ok moving on, so I get a call from Ann on Tuesday afternoon. She was calling to tell me she had been in a car accident and the car had rolled and was totaled. She had flown in from Hawaii and was almost home, seriously almost to the exit. She had Ben's baby sister and youngest brother and one of his friends, all were in seat belts, Nic has a few cuts on his face and all are very stiff. The ambulance came and they were all looked over and sent home. I asked her what Ben's response had been (making sure he wasn't insensitive or any thing) and she said that she hadn't called him because she didn't want to bother him at work! I got off the phone with her and called Ben. We bought a new car a few months ago and still had the little car and so we decided to take it down to Ann. After looking at her car we have no idea how she wasn't hurt, the roof is totally caved in on the drivers side.

So Bailey and I headed home on Thursday morning and Ben came after work. We went to see his Grandma and Mom and had a wonderful visit with them. On Friday morning Ben went golfing with his brothers Matt and Nic. He came home for a couple of hours and went golfing again. This time with me, his brothers Matt, Nic, Jacob and his wife Breawna. It was my first time on a golf course, I have been to the driving range before, but I didn't totally humiliate Ben. After that it was off to Taco Bandito (Yummy) for dinner, home to check on Bailey, and off to the movie. Bailey was going out on the town with my parents (a wedding reception). On Saturday we got up and came home. Ben mowed the lawn, I unpacked, after that it was Little Ceasars for dinner and a movie. None of us saw one firework!

We are so grateful that Ann and the kids are ok and so happy that we live close enough to head home when we need to.

No comments: