Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Bad Week

Last week was one of those weeks that I spent wondering every day why the good Lord thought that I could/should have children! Bailey decided that she didn't like food last week. Now I know I'm not the smartest person/mother in the world, but I'm pretty dang sure that we all as humans are supposed to eat! So after many tears -mine and Bailey's - and after having meal times last about an hour one of us finally gave up. Either she would eat or I would get her out of her high chair feeling like the worlds worst mother because my child was not fed. Bailey isn't the worlds best eater anyway, but she loves vegetables (at the reunion she was eating raw pea pods and loving them) she loves broccoli, peas, carrots, bananas, and some melons, but she wouldn't eat anything.

So after one really bad day Ben came home and took us to the park. It was a new park we hadn't been to before and she loved it. She was brave enough to go down the slide by herself. She is still playing with the glow in the dark necklace (toys) my sister-in-law Yvonne gave her after two weeks and they still glow in the dark. As you can see she has to take them everywhere - from the bathtub to the pool.

Because last week was a bad week I let her watch a lot more movies than I usually do - I had to get some sanity in somewhere. I usually let Bailey watch the beginning of a movie while I do my hair and this is what I saw while I was curling my hair one morning. Bailey just relaxing watching a show! :)

2 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I have just decided that having a girl, means having drama. Everything is always over the top and dramatic. I wouldn't give up my girls for anything, but there are some really ROUGH days at our house, where the only thing I know how to do it cry! But, at the same time, they can be the most loving, sweetest, beautiful things in the world. Don't worry, we have to have bad weeks to appreciate our good weeks! And I too have asked myself "Why did the Lord trust me to have kids?" But, I know that all we can do is try our hardest, there is no book out there that tells us exactly how to parent. It's such a learning, trialing, and rewarding experience all at the same time. Good luck, I hope this week goes great!!!

April and Cody said...

I cannot believe how big she is. I feel like I haven't seen her forever! She is so cute!!