Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good times


Last Sunday Bailey wore the skirt that my sister-in-law Sommers made her. The skirt is soo cute, the whole out fit was a little big for her, but that is ok because than she can just grow into it. I love that flower since she doesn't fit into the skirt yet I am going to put the flower on her white sweater until she does.

Lately we have been having really crazy weather. Some days it is unnecessarily way to hot, some days snow, some days rain. Whatever. Anyway on one of the hot days Bailey and I didn't really go anywhere so we had a comfortable clothes day and after her nap her little head was kind of sweaty so I pulled up her hair. I went out into the garage to get something and she followed and found her fathers pop stash! This is the result. The pop was NOT open and I promise I usually take better care of her hair and don't let her run around in her onezee all day but she was happy and that's all the matters.

Also last week JJ Coles had another big warehouse sale. A huge thank you to my friend Tiffany for the phone call. As soon as she received an e-mail about the sale she called me. It is only the third one that they have had. This first one was pre-Bailey and I went with friends. The second one was post-Bailey and my sister-in-law Sommers, her mom, Shaydon, and my Mom came down for the sale. Well last Friday I had to go alone. Her is a little shopping history about me. I don't do a lot of shopping-unless it if for Bailey or something specific for Ben. I can usually be an and out of a store in 20 minutes and I can't even honestly think of the last time I was in any mall. I DON'T do the after Thanksgiving or Christmas sales. I'm not a morning person and getting up to fight the crowds for shopping isn't really my thing. BUT I do shop the JJ Coles sale. The sale started at 9:00am I was standing in line at 7:45am. I made Ben miss work to stay home and take care of Bailey!:)I was 7th in line and really missing Sommers when I first got there. A police man arrived at 8:15am and stayed for as long as I was there. By the time the door opened I was 14th in line and still missing Sommers. And true to the past I was in and out of the store/chaos and in my car calling Ben at 9:20am. Was it all worth standing in line in 45 degree weather in the rain for an hour and 15 minutes to do 20 minutes of shopping - YES! Sommers I missed having you there with me and hope you can come next time.

My neighbor makes hair bows and she showed me how around Christmas time. Well I haven't been able to find the color of bows I want for Bailey and I have been willing to mortgage my house to pay for the ones I have found and liked. My cousins threw a hair bow party and I went to be supportive, but when I left I decided it was time for me to start making Bailey's bows. Sommers sent me home with some ribbon she wanted to for bows and so I have made some for her, Bailey, and Miss Lily. But I really hope that they will all remember that I am still a newbie at this, and here is a picture of the ones I have made so far.

As a side note it was my Friend Sherri's birthday on Sunday, so on Saturday we took her a cake and a box of ice cream, but on our way there I dropped the cake! It had a lid on it, but the frosting was now on the lid. It's the thought that counts right? We hope you had a great birthday Sherri.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Your bows are so cute. I make some of my own bows. I make the curly kind. they are easy I could teach you how if you would like to try it.
Your girl is beautiful.

Sommers said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. The weather here has been crazy too.Can't wait to get the stuff from JJ Coles. I am looking forward to this fall.

A 'n D said...

ok, LOVE the bows - i need to learn how to make those! i know some, but i really like these - especially doubles for cute piggies, which i do a lot right now!
and HOW do i get on the email list for jj cole's sales??? not that i could be up there for this last one, but i want to go in the fall SUPER bad!
i'm emailing you...i have too much more to say!
(please delete this if you want!)

Alleman Family said...

LOVE all the JJ Cole stuff!! You did great! Also, I love the cute bows you made. You are all kinds of crafty! What a weird story about the person that flagged your blog. That is just madness. It's not like you put naked pics on your blog or anything. There's a whole lot worse in this world than a cute little girly named Baily. So wierd. Anyway. If you go private I'll give you my email address. I still want to follow you guys!