Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Let's not do that again!

Two weeks ago Bailey and I had a play date with a neighbor and her two cute kids. It was Wednesday morning and we had a really good time. Her husband works a lot and with it being tax season...enough said. On Thursday we had a play date with Sherri and Cara. Sherri and I had our usual lunch and cookie, Bailey slept and Cara just hung out, but Sherri and I had a great time. And of course I don't have pictures of any one!

On Saturday of that week Ben decided to we needed to head to Pocatello for a Brown Family meeting with some of his brothers and sisters. Well with it being Tax season he worked on Saturday and we took off after work. Bailey did well for about 30 minutes and the rest of the ride wasn't enjoyable for any of us. She was supposed to take a nap and I did try to schedule nap time around the drive, but it didn't happen. By the time she was so exhausted and would have fallen asleep we had arrived in Pocatello and I was car sick from turning around trying to make her happy. She didn't sleep the whole time we were there and finally fell asleep as we were going through the drive thru on our way out of town! Of course she woke up, but did manage to go back to sleep after a little while. So that was our Pocatello adventure that I hope we don't have to do again. And of course no pictures!

Last week my brother and his wife were out of town and I was sick of being a tax season widow so I took off to stay with my niece and my parents. Bailey was AWESOME for the drive she slept the whole way and only woke up when we were in Idaho at the drive through for some lunch 5 minutes away from my parents house. Anyway I had a great week with my niece we hung out, talked, went to the movie, and it was great to spend some time with her after all her surgeries, etc. My niece is a workaholic and she worked during the days and I spent time with my parents which was great I love being at home and having someone to talk to besides Bailey and the dog all day. I was also able to spend time with my nephew who tore all the ligaments in his ankle while I was there. He needed a chauffeur and someone to yell at him when he tried to walk with out his crutches and I did a very good job! We also went and spent some time with my Grandma which is always great.


I came back to Logan on Friday afternoon just in time for Ben's brother Jacob and his wife to come into town and hang out with us. Jacob had a doctor's appointment on Saturday. We had a fun night and they left on Saturday morning.

That night Ben and I ordered some pizza and just decided to hang out. About an hour after eating neither one of us felt great. Ben had an upset stomach that night and I spent the night and next day throwing up. Let's not do that again.

On Sunday Ben was amazing. He took care of Bailey, bathed her, got them both ready for church, went to church, gave a lesson while controlling Bailey on his own and came back took care of me! He was so awesome, he didn't complain once about anything just took care of us both even though I had kept him up all night too. Thanks for being an amazing husband. I love you and appreciate you SO much.

1 comment:

A 'n D said...

bailey is such a doll! sorry about the road trip misery - we've been there!
and bummer about the stomach bug, that's just not fun. i'm glad you weren't nursing or anything. unless there was some egyptian flu mixed in?
i hope tax season passes swiftly & may is here before you know it!