Sunday, August 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We had a really fun, busy week. On Monday Bailey and I started swimming lessons. They are four days a week for 40 minutes and she loves them. I don't have any pictures because 1- No one needs to see me in a swimsuit and 2- I'm in the pool with her so I don't have a way to take the pictures.

On Tuesday Ben took half a day off, took me to Cafe Sabor for lunch, and we hung out and had a great time. I was serenaded by two of our neighbors; Nicole, Elli, and Megan sang to me and gave me a package of Oreos, the whole Hofland family sang and brought by a box of Creamies, Jon, Sherri and girls came by that night with a whole banana cream pie! My friends like to make sure that I weigh more than they do. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes - they were appreciated.

Ben and I bought a car a few months ago and decided that the car was going to be our birthdays and he bought me a new ipod Nano which was supposed to be part of my b-day. But when it came right down to it he had a hard time that we were turning 30 (he won't be 30 for a couple of months, but it still struck him a little hard :) So I got the shoes I have been wanting for a while now, he bought me a Cold Stone cake and some other great gifts, I love my Star Wars Chewbacca bobble head! I had a great Birthday - thanks for everything Ben.


On Wednesday Ben was asked by one of the partners at work (we'll call him Brett) to help the firm out that night. I would have been fine with that except that Brett wanted Ben to play on the firms softball team! Ben had decided that he wasn't going to play this year so when he came home at 5:00pm and announced that the game started at 7:00pm we quickly ate and headed to the park for a little while before the game. Well lucky for me the 7:00 game was canceled because the other team didn't show up and since it was the play offs the firm automatically won and would play again at 9:00pm! So Ben took us home and he went back a little before 9:00, at 10:20pm I got a call saying that they had won the 9:00 game and would be playing again at 10:30!! I was thrilled and Ben didn't come home until after 11:30pm! But they came in second so congratulations Jones Simkins.

On Thursday we went to the Cache County Fair. It just isn't the same as our home town fair so we just can't really get to excited, but we got dinner there and Ben enjoyed his immensely. :)

Friday was Ben's firm Summer Party. They rented a theater and took us all to the movie. We saw Ice Age 3 and we took Bailey - it was free so hey why not. Thank heavens Nicole saw us walk in and came and got us and we sat with them. It was great, Bailey and Megan played with each other, ate each other snacks, sat in the same chair, and entertained each other. They are only 3 months apart and I SO wanted a picture of them sitting in the same chair together, but I don't think my flash would have been appreciated in the middle of a movie. After the movie we went to a park for dinner and to play on the park toys. Bailey was ever so grateful that her mommy is under 5'0 so that I could fit on the kiddy slide with her!

Saturday we took off to Pocatello to see Jacob and Breawna, because you know it had been two weeks since the boys had seen each other. Jacob is thinking about starting a mechanic shop and found a building so he wanted Ben to look at it. So we had a fun, rain filled day in Pocatello. We love spending time with J & B so it was great to see them and the boys will only have to wait 5 or 6 days before they see each other again, whew!

And on a side note sometimes when I'm on my cell I sit on the steps and talk. Bailey has obviously seen me do this and now thinks that it is normal to do this and when she is pretending to talk on her cell she hangs out on the bottom step too! I'm already screwing up my kid! Ok I'm sure I started long before now.

2 comments:

Sommers said...

Love the new car. I have no idea. scott knew, but forgot to tell me. Congrats. You need more kids to fill it!! see you this week. When are you coming? Don't forget the yellow shirt and headband form easter! Thanks.

ashlee said...

My niece was born on your birthday so now I will be able to remember her's. I was thinking about you on your birthday. Happy late birthday.