Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Next 30 Years

In the words of a wise man (Tim McGraw) quote "I think I'll take a moment and celebrate my age." Today is my birthday and I usually don't tell people or make a huge deal of it but after spending some time listening to said wise man this morning I decided to spend a moment thinking about my last 30 years. And yes I am 30 today.

I was raised by AMAZING parents who, even though they were told that it probably wasn't a good idea to adopt a girl of such a different race (remember this was 30 years ago in a tiny town in Idaho) did any way. They were wonderful, loving parents who treated me just like the rest of their kids. I had amazing brothers and sisters who married amazing people who have all helped to shape my life.

Wendy taught me it was ok to be girly!
Todd has the biggest heart and always helps others.
Eric gave me a love for 80's music and Star Wars.
Scott has always been my best friend and even though he has always been a little shy is one of the funniest people I know.
All of my older nieces and nephews were more like my little brothers and sisters and my younger ones more like nieces and nephews that I love to spend time with.

I married an amazing man, who for some reason chose me to fall in love with and marry. He works hard to support his family and is the perfect man for me. He loves me when I am emotional and can't tell him why I am crying and he even watches chick flicks with me (only once but at least he does)!

We have beautiful, healthy daughter who has us both wrapped around her finger. And I wouldn't trade all the crazy late nights and bad weeks of being a mother for anything.

I married into a wonderful family who have accepted me (maybe because they were afraid of Ben :) I have an amazing mother-in-law who with Don raised a wonderful son. She is an amazing grandmother. And I am so thankful that I got to know Don before he passed way.

So in the words of the above mentioned wise man, quote "Lord have mercy on my next 30 years." unquote.

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday!!
this is a great post.

Cara said...

Happy Happy birthday!!!

CottleCrew said...

Happy Birthday Alisa!!

April and Cody said...

I hope you had a great birthday. I am sorry we missed you guys the other day. I can't wait till next time!!

Sommers said...

I love the post too!! You are getting to be such a GREAT blogger. Happy Birthday!! Sorry I didn't call you today. Busy is no excuse!! See you in a week!

A 'n D said...

what a lovely post! i'm glad you came to Idaho, too - so we could be friends!

and i'm glad bailey is on the mend - we had this happen with one of our older kids EXCEPT the dr. we saw was a moron & we had to go thru tests of stool & blood before I said hey, i think she has roseola!! won't make that mistake again... high fevers are the worst, scary thing with little ones!

april said...

Hope you had an awesome birthday! 30, huh?! Yeah, that was last year for me, ouch! I am the big 31 now. It is craziness!

Bersonnets said...

Lis, loved the post how sweet that was, such a tribute to others on your birthday, just loved it!!! Happy Birthday, from a friend who's not very good at remembering them.

B said...

Hey girl! Happy belated birthday! so sorry I didn't get you called on your real birthday...hope you had a good one. love you and we need to get together next time you come to town.