Sunday, October 19, 2008

What A Weekend!

On Thursday my Mom, my sister-in-law Sommers, my nephew Shaydon, and Sommers' mom Debbie came from Boise and Burley to visit. We went to Firehouse for dinner/dessert and just hung out that night. On Friday Sommers, Debbie, and I got up early and headed to the JJ Cole's annual warehouse sale. We arrived around 8:30am and were (at that time) about 37th in line. The sale started at 9:00am and by the time the doors opened from everyone crowding we ended up being probably around 50th in line. It was crazy and I was SO happy that we had left Bailey and Shaydon with Mom - Thanks Mom. I had brought 3 of my IKEA bags with us and we loaded them and went to a corner to dump our stuff and go get more. Debbie stayed with our items while Sommers and I divided and conquered. After we sorted through our things it was about another 20 minute wait in line to get out. I bought a brand new, cute, entire crib set for#2 for only $50.00. NO- I am not making any announcements but just preparing for the future. We were able to get most of the things we wanted (all the diaper bags were gone within in 5 minutes). And I really hope that Sommers comes up again for next years sale.

After the sale we took pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. Shaydon is a Rooster (with a way cute tail) and Bailey is a Skunk (with a way cute tail). We should have taken a picture of the kids from behind, but here are a few pictures of them.

I love when Bailey is able to spend time with Shaydon. I know it probably kind of dumb and corny, but it makes me think of me and my Brother Scott. We are only 11 months apart and he has always been one of my best friends. Bailey is this olive skinned chubby little girl like I was and Shaydon is this gorgeous paled skinned, skinny little boy like Scott was and they are only 4 months apart. We hope to see Shaydon again soon.

4 comments:

Sommers said...

We had such a good time. Thanks for letting us stay we love you guys and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. See you next year as long as we get the pazzola or how ever you spell that. I love them.

A 'n D said...

LOVE the costumes!!! and i'm jealous about the JJ Cole sale you went to! i may have to go next year! where do they do it at??
glad you're loving blogging!

A 'n D said...

WOW! i just finished looking at ALL the pics...when did you cut your hair??!! i love it! i know you said it's a regular event - one of these days, mine will be gone!

A 'n D said...

WOW! i just finished looking at ALL the pics...when did you cut your hair??!! i love it! i know you said it's a regular event - one of these days, mine will be gone!